About me Experience & versatility Resume
I'm a creative web and mobile app developer and web technologist, currently working full time for Fusion. I'm very interested in web technology, particularly in the social media and mobile industries, and I have a strong eye for detail over your classic developer.
My primary skills are in grabbing various web technologies and platforms, eying design work by designers (and sometimes myself) and bringing it all together into an innovative, easy to use web or mobile application.
My skills are broad, varied and well honed with daily use, but I'm always after adding new skills to my quiver.
Here's what I use on any given day:
- Compliant, Standards-based XHTML, HTML
- PHP (Typically XAMPP or WAMP setups)
- Templating converting PSD or AI files into standards based XHTML/CSS templates (PHPTemplate, Smarty, and plain), either designer supplied or my own
- Drupal Content Managment Framework based sites, Ubercart ecommerce sites and customisation, general website application development. Including but not limited to full CMS powered sites, Drupal powered hybrid Flash websites, services and applications
- Software Evaluation, documentation
- Direct client liason, negotiation, technical consultation
- Multi-disciplinary team liason
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Flash / Actionscript 1, 2 and 3
- Social media
- BSc in Computer Science & Physics
About the Site
This site serves as a dumping point for my online life.
RD runs on Drupal 6.22, with some custom bits and pieces, namely two themes and 4 modules of my own design. The site runs on shared hosting provider Dreamhost.
Current Personal Projects
I'm currently working on:
- ImportJap.com - For Japanese Car Enthusiasts
- Delightfully Meta
Mobile (currently unreleased):
- Carbuddy (iOS) - Car enthusiast tool
- Notey (Android) - Rich text note-taking application
- Clamp (iOS) - Game
The Not So Quick Bio
I've always been heavily into computers and computer graphics since a young age. I started on my Atari ST years ago, and proceeded drawing and coding on computer and paper up until recently.
Early in 1996 while still in early high school, I became captivated by the world wide web and in 1997 produced my first online website at Geocities. As time progressed I became heavily interested in web development, making sites from conception to finish for friends and small businesses until I became a contractor during my Bachelors studies.
I began building dynamic, complex sites for larger companies and prominent individuals, my skills diversifying into Flash, particularly interface design and game design, PHP, from backend development to frontend, all the way into 3D modeling and animation.
Due to the fluctuating nature of Adelaide's tough web industry, I collated my skills into a broad package, being expected to be designer, developer, manager, marketer and client liason. This has given me a rock solid foundation and unique ability to talk with, work with, and understand a diverse, multidisciplinary team - without coming up against traditionalist boundaries of developer vs designer.
In the last few years, with the massive growth in HTML5 compliant mobile browsers (particularly Android and iOS), my focus has moved to mobile, and I've written several applications for the iPhone, iPad and Android in native code and HTML at Fusion.
Adaptible, creative and thoroughly enthusiastic about technology and science, I've always believed it takes both art and science to create a beautiful, elegant software, and I push this angle in all work I do.